Re: msamba

From: Nikola Pepelishev (cmageat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 01:12:00 PDT

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:41:27 -0300 (ADT)
    Steve Bromwich <incidentat_private> wrote:

    [snip]

    > I picked up the copy of msamba and had a look at it; it looks like it's
    > exploiting the recent samba bug for a wide variety of platforms (*BSD,
    > SuSE, Slackware, Redhat, Mandrake, Gentoo and Debian).

    [snip]

    Probably it should be noted that binaries in this tgz are infected with Linux.Osf.8759 according to Kaspersky Antivirus:

    osslscan infected: Linux.Osf.8759
    sambalx infected: Linux.Osf.8759
    scan infected: Linux.Osf.8759
    serv ok.

    More info about Linux.Osf.8759 can be found here: http://www.viruslibrary.com/virusinfo/Linux.OSF.8759.htm

    Regards,
    --
    Nikola Pepelishev
    System Administrator @ Mobiltel EAD

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-incidents