Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com

From: Anthony Papaleo (papaleoat_private)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 08:34:29 PDT

    This guy has scanned my system a dozen or so times in the last two days.

    He can't be legitimate: If he is supposedly a security professional, he
    would not perform scans of this type uninvited.
    My BlackIce PF calls this suspicious activity, "...TCP port probes directed
    at ports 3128, 8000, and 8080, which may indicate that an attacker is
    searching the system for a proxy server."

    By the way, he is also showing up looking a for a SOCKS server..."TCP port
    probes directed at port 1080, which may indicate that an attacker is
    scanning to determine if the system is running SOCKS."