Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com

From: George Theall (theallat_private)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 09:48:48 PDT

    On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 11:31:12AM +0100, Mark Ng wrote:

    > After reading their site (www.proxyprotector.com) , it appears that this is
    > to do with connections to IRC servers, They don't claim to be scanning the
    > whole Internet - are these scans against hosts that you use IRC from ?

    My home machine has been scanned by them once daily for the past four
    days.  Each time, tcp ports 1080, 3128, and 8080 are targetted.  I don't
    use IRC and have never attempted to connect to any hosts on
    proxyprotector.com's network, certainly not for the past week for which
    I keep logs.

    Googling news for proxyprotector as well as 64.201.104.2 (the host they
    seem to scan from) suggests they're black hats.

    George
    --
    theallat_private