Re: First time security issue.

From: benat_private
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 17:51:40 PDT

  • Next message: lee.e.rianat_private: "RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Cisco IOS Denial of Service that affects most Cisco IOS routers- requires power cycle to recover"

    First off let me thank everyone who has responded. The information and
    recommendations are very helpful. Unfortunately, I'm not at work today so
    I can't provide any more details until tomorrow.

    I do agree that it's critical to evaluate how the intrusion occurred;
    otherwise I may just be wasting my time fixing everything.

    I will post more details tomorrow after I have had a chance to more
    thoroughly examine the situation. I will also post the results of
    handle.exe, listdlls.exe, pslist.exe, fport.exe, and netstat programs.

    I think its worth mentioning that Fport will not run on the machine, all
    it does is give me the program info, but no results. I have tried it on
    other machines and it works fine, just not on this one.

    Ben