Re: Port 0 packets

From: Russell Harding (hardingrat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 11:26:45 PDT

    Hello,

      It may be noteworthy that nmap recently (March, 2003) included port 0
    support in nmap-3.20.

      Perhaps these are part of port scanning or other probing?

    Additionally, Back Orifice 2000's default tcp port is port 0 as well.
            (http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_10229.htm)

      Perhaps they are probing for this?

    I would imagine unless you run one of the _few_ devices affected by
    crashing on port 0 packets, you are not the victim of a DoS.

           -Russell

    P.S. are they udp or tcp or otherwise?