Re: [security-elvandar] "access_log?hello" ?

From: Remko Lodder (remkoat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 15:19:28 PDT

    Hi,

    It could be an overflow attack to the access_log script which he/she
    believes exists.
    With that he might get access to some logging OR access to the webserver
    (executing commands as
    the webserver user) how he/she is going to do that, i don' know, but
    it's an option (:

    Also notice that it's  a HEAD request instead of the normal GET/POST
    requests..
    perhaps that can give some more detail?
    Going to try and find something tommorrow (it's past twelve here) but
    have a busy schedule
    so dont promise anything

    Cheers

    --