Re: [security-elvandar] "access_log?hello" ?

From: Salvatore Poliandro (jelloat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 15:08:22 PDT

    -- OM--
    From: "Remko Lodder" <remkoat_private>
    Subject: Re: [security-elvandar] "access_log?hello" ?
    > I dont recognise this as a particular script that is running against
    > your host.
    > Although it could be a custom made script that just sends a lot of
    > characters (or a lot of hello's)
    > to your host, trying to overflow it.
    >
    > My best guess is that it's the overflow option,
    > But i am interested now.. so when anyone else has a opinion...

    An Overflow to accomplish what? I see no shellcode in that string, Other
    then crashing the web server on the other end, what could be its use?  Could
    It be a tool to look in the log files of webservers for previous
    compromises? http://www.analog.cx/ creates the product that makes the logs
    in the /logs/active/ I see no mention of any compromises in thier site.

    Sal