RE: Command Line RPC vulnerability scanner?

From: Schmehl, Paul L (paulsat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 08:30:31 PDT

    I have both eEye's tool and ISS's tool.  I decided to run the ISS
    commandline scanner on our entire class B last night.  That way I could
    come in this morning and have a complete report of patch compliance.  Or
    so I thought.  When I got in to my office this morning, the ISS tool had
    been running for 15 hours and had reported on a total of 99 hosts.

    I don't know what's wrong with it, but something obviously is.

    Paul Schmehl (paulsat_private)
    Adjunct Information Security Officer
    The University of Texas at Dallas
    AVIEN Founding Member