RE: Command Line RPC vulnerability scanner?

From: Paul Tinsley (pdtat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 20:44:56 PDT

    I have run into the same thing scanning some class A or B address spaces.
    Your best bet, and what I ended up doing is writing something that will take
    the output of a nmap ping scan and decide whether to run the entire subnet
    you are interested in or break it down.  For example
    10.1.0.0

    Nmap ping scan finds 75 hosts in 10.1.1.0 so it runs that as a class C but
    only finds 3 addresses in 10.1.2.0 so it runs those individually.  It's the
    timeout of waiting for a 135 connection that is taking the tool so long.
    You just have to balance out the overhead of invoking the executable per IP
    as opposed to the overhead of timeouts on the network range you let it
    scan...

    Hope that helps, and wish I could share my code :(  Next time I will write