RE: Command Line RPC vulnerability scanner?

From: Stong, Ian C. (Contractor) (StongIat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 04:32:51 PDT

    Hi Russell,

    A possible workaround (depending on your WAN requirements for port 135) for
    the systems that can't be patched is to simply block port 135 into your
    network.  If you need port 135 to be accessible from certain remote sites
    then allow those specific source/destination address and port pairs through
    your router or firewall.

    Just a thought,

    Ian Stong