Re: Suspicious firewall logs

From: MARLON BORBA (MBORBAat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 10:05:19 PDT

    i suspect some of your workstations are infected with a trojan or
    something alike. if you know your workstations' addresses check them
    with a updated antivirus or trojan detector.

    search APNIC's whois to determine who is (no pun intended ;-)) the
    owner of that addresses.

    hth,

    marlon.

    >>> "Wong Wai Kit" <wwkitat_private> 07/31 11:16 pm >>>
    Hi,
         I had one incidents which is require for your help. My firewall
    keep prompting some traffiics from internal LAN IPs trying to access
    this group of destination IPs for "http" service

    208.172.144.155
    208.172.158.234
    208.172.128.132
    208.172.192.132
    208.172.224.132
    208.174.16.132
    208.172.13.253

    Actually, my question is why my internal LAN(few IPs) keep trying to
    access this group of destination IP for http service. My LAN if want to
    go out internet, it should go through our proxy first. It not suppose go
    out to external directly.

    Thanks...