RE: Scan of TCP 552-554

From: Dave Paris (dparisat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 11:31:26 PDT

    Not to point out the wholly obvious or anything, but...

    Regardless of your response to the portscan, by the time you react it has
    already "used your link" and cost you bandwidth.

    To put it another way... it doesn't matter if you use a shotgun, broom, or
    overcooked linguine - the guy is standing on your porch and already
    traversed your front lawn.

    While I can appreciate the cost of bandwidth from a firsthand perspective,
    this is simply the price of playing.  If you can't afford it, find an
    alternative or move on.

    -dsp