RE: Suspicious firewall logs

From: Adcock, Matt (Matt.Adcockat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 11:27:29 PDT

    Maybe a distributed reflection DOS?
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/incidents/2002-12/0076.html

    Output from requests to port 80 of the servers seems to match:

    resolve hostname "208.172.192.132"
    WWWConnect::Connect("208.172.192.132","80")\n
    source port: 4871\r\n
    GET / HTTP/1.1\r\n
    Host: 208.172.192.132\r\n
    Accept: */*\r\n
    Authorization: Basic MTAwYWNyZXdvb2RzXG1hdHQuYWRjb2NrOg==\r\n
    \r\n
    RESPONSE: **************\n
    HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found\r\n