Re: WORM_MIMAIL.A Anyone have any info on what this does yet?

From: Alex 'CAVE' Cernat (caveat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 08:57:06 PDT

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:53:53 -0400
    "att13543" <skidat_private> wrote:

    > I'd be interested if anyone can correlate what I've seen:  we have 2
    > MX records, one weighted at 10 (primary) and one at 20 (secondary).
    > Of the 200 or so MiMail's we've seen 100% have come through our
    > SECONDARY mail server.  Maybe the SMTP engine was written poorly, or
    > maybe it was this way on purpose?

    if the virus send emails throught local smtp connection, it's a dns
    problem;
    but if the virus connects directly to the 'backup' smtp server, then,
    lamerish, the virus programmer probably believed that bigger value
    associated with mx meens 'prefered server', which is the exactly
    opposite as the rfc or any documentation available :-)

    Alex