Re: WORM_MIMAIL.A Anyone have any info on what this does yet?

From: David Hawley, CISSP (rhino007_usat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:44:43 PDT

    Alex,

    This is a very general answer.

    When dealing with worms I have found it usefull to
    look at the source of the original Internet worm.
    It's available on the Net.  IMHO the 10's of thousands
    of worms, viruses, etc often borrow from the
    predicesor.  For example they will try and crack the
    passwd file, they will try and send info from critical
    systems files (ie. the original one sent the UNIX
    hosts and/or hosts.equiv file; newer varients, like
    the iloveyou virus 3 years ago use Outlooks address
    book), like that.

    When I spotted the iloveyou script/virus in my Outlook
    inbox I saved it to a floppy, and read it on my linux
    box in vi.

    Cheers, David

    David Hawley, CISSP
    UNIX & NT NET SECURITY, LLC