Re: New mail scanner?

From: James C. Slora Jr. (Jim.Sloraat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 19:41:32 PDT

    Jeff Kell wrote

    > For the last couple of days we have been continually probed for SMTP
    > services from several addresses, but the unique part of the scanning is
    > that the source port is always zero.

    These are fairly common for me (a set every few weeks). It has just been
    spammers when I've looked. The source port 0 in my cases just appeared to be
    the sig of whatever tool they were using.

    Your probers each appear on at least one spam blocklist, which gives
    favorable odds that these are just more spammers.

    Host: 171.75.197.194 (171.75.197.194)
    dnsbl.njabl.org Listed:

    Host: 67.64.156.215 (67.64.156.215)
    block.blars.org Listed: