RE: Dig in: autorooter, maybe that IRC one but SAV doesnt pick it up.

From: Bojan Zdrnja (Bojan.Zdrnjaat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 14:34:19 PDT

    Come on - a virus scanner is *much* more than 'grep-on-steroids'. I don't
    know with which product you tested that.

    If changing a word (string) in a malicious file prevents an anti-virus
    product from detecting it - I'd consider that anti-virus product totally
    worthless.

    For more information of how anti-virus products work I'd recommend excellent
    book by number of authors proven in this field:

    Viruses revealed
    By C. David Harley, Robert Slade, David Harley, Urs E. Gattiker, Eugene H.
    Spafford

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072130903/qid%3D1014395845/ref%3Dsr%
    5F11%5F0%5F1/102-3310432-4115362

    Regards,