Can anyone identify this possible backdoor?

From: Greg Owen (gowen-incidentsat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 08:18:04 PDT

    Investigating a machine which is spewing SoBig.F and may be compromised,
    I'm seeing the following response on port 2001/tcp:

    % nc 192.168.5.89 2001

    <
    > Unrecognized command or Invalid argument received
    % nc 192.168.5.89 2001
    helo
    <helo> Unrecognized command or Invalid argument received
    %

    Google doesn't uncover anything with that error string, and there are more
    possible uses for port 2001 than a dog has fleas.  Does anyone recognize
    what this listener might be?

    I don't have physical access to the box, unfortunately, as that would make
    this much easier to ID.

    --
    	gowen -- Greg Owen -- gowen-incidentsat_private
    	79A7 4063 96B6 9974 86CA  3BEF 521C 860F 5A93 D66D

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
    October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
    technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
    Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
    Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com