Re: Inodes hooks example

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 11:35:06 PDT

    On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:34:16PM +0200, Amon Ott wrote:
    > Hello Greg and all others,
    >
    > good work so far!

    thanks.

    > For some calls, I would appreciate more parameters (patch order):
    > - ptrace: request, pid

    Chris is going to work on this.

    > - load_elf_binary: rather make general solution for all exec types, with extra
    > security_ops, parameter file

    I agree.  Haven't gotten to this yet.

    > - permission: is this meant for Linux DAC compatibility module only? I'd prefer
    > so.

    Permission is needed for capabilities too.  Others might find it very
    useful as it is called all over the place in the vfs code :)

    > - sys_read, sys_write etc.: Use read/write ops, parameter file

    Hm, will add it.  I haven't looked at the file_ops yet, that's next on
    the list for me.

    > - umount is missing, param kname or device

    Added.

    > - mount: all params

    Added.

    > - delete_module: module name (so we can protect ourselves)

    Added (along with parameters for init_module and create_module)

    > - send_file: use read/write ops

    Good catch.  Will add it.

    > Clean function calls for me too, please - one level less to check, if something
    > goes wrong.

    Glad to see I'm not alone here :)

    Thanks a lot for your comments.

    greg k-h