Re: A Comment from User Space

From: Casey Schaufler (caseyat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 13:28:20 PDT

    David Wagner wrote:

    > ... single "int pre_foo();" hook now and later want
    > to support multiple registrants, you may well have to change the
    > interface in a non-backwards-compatible way.

    Life will be much easier if systems have a single policy.
    Nested, stacked, heaped, and comingled policies leave end
    users with many questions and support organizations with
    few answers. I you must have multiple registered policies,
    how about a seperate module which is the registable policy
    policy module? That way poicies which wish to be free from
    interference from other modules can be.

    --

    Casey Schaufler				Manager, Trust Technology, SGI
    caseyat_private				voice: 650.933.1634