Re: Notes from the Real World

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 10:30:05 PDT

    On Tue, 1 May 2001, Devdas Bhagat wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 May 2001, jmjonesat_private spewed into the ether:
    > > (e.g, a list of calls, a well known program, etcetera?)

    "spewed into the ether".... hrm, how poetic, and true.

    > How about testing this under a heavy load? I mean really heavy
    > (slashdot effect?)

    Define "really heavy"?  My production servers rarely go above 0.75.
    You talking about >2.0?  I guess it'd be easy enough to run a table
    at different loads, although I'm not sure the relative results would
    be much different... although, I guess, because the hooks are positioned
    in the kernel, and therefore get monster priority, they COULD be.

    > > Also, if anybody is interested in helping with the documentation
    > > (Code->English/*) translation for this project so we can all end
    > > up with an authoritative document to help build/rebuild LSMs, I'm
    > > interested in getting started on that, so let me know.
    > Let me see if I can pull out the time. No commits, but I'll try.

    Thanks.

    > Devdas Bhagat
    > --
    > I use technology in order to hate it more properly.
    > 		-- Nam June Paik

    Excellent Quote!!

    J. Melvin Jones