Re: Notes from the Real World

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 19:47:49 PDT

    On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 05:57:10PM -0700, Crispin Cowan wrote:

    > However, Greg's point stands:  building kernel modules is not for amateurs.

    No, I never said anything about "amateurs".

    All of my code that is in the Linux kernel was done as an "amateur",
    including the stuff that I still do.

    Almost every kernel developer started as an "amateur" kernel programmer.
    It's only been fairly recently that people have been able to make a
    living programming the kernel.

    And I encourage "amateurs" to work on the Linux kernel.

    Bad terminology choice :)

    greg k-h