Re: Kernel Insider, merge with LSM?

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 09:33:36 PDT

    On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 01:07:24AM -0300, bruj0at_private wrote:
    > Good day, i've made a patch agains kernel 2.4.4. My question is, could
    > it be posible to include the funtionality of Kernel Insider in LSM. If
    > it is posible, i would love to do it :)

    Since it looks like your project lives as a kernel module with almost no
    modifications to the kernel proper (with the exception of the 2 exported
    symbols, it doesn't look like the LSM needs to be modified to work with
    it.

    The goal of the LSM is that a project like yours could just use the LSM
    interface to add your special support to the kernel.  It does not
    dictate any kind of security policy.

    (minor nit, you might want to change your coding style to match the
    Documentation/CodingStyle to have a chance to get it accepted into the
    kernel proper.)

    Thanks though,

    greg k-h