Re: 2001-05-27 patch against 2.4.5

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 12:04:07 PDT

    Okay, what I've learned about this patch...

    removing the umount_root argument from wherever it appears

    fs/super.c
    include/linux/security.h
    kernel/security.c
    kernel/capability_plug.c

    allows it to compile, but it still won't boot APPARENTLY
    because one of the hooks gets called from main.c before
    the security_scaffolding_startup() function ... I suspect
    inside proc_root_init()....

    I can get the patched kernel to boot by moving the startup
    up a few lines, but have NO idea of what the impact of that
    might be or specifically where the panic is, so I won't hazard
    offering a patch that may make things worse, but hopefully,
    this info will give more knowlegable people someplace to look.

    Sincerely,
    J. Melvin Jones