Re: Assurance, permissiveness, and restriction

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:28:47 PDT

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Casey Schaufler wrote:

    > I guess that's my point. Sure, you can kludge it up
    > so that it sorta works the way you'd like in this case,
    > but it sure ain't generally useful.

    I'm merely limited by the existing capable() interface,
    which doesn't pass object information for relevant objects.
    Of course, we could propose extending the capable() interface
    (thereby allowing our capable hook to also pass object
    information, thereby allowing our modules to implement
    the kind of functionality I would like).  But that seems
    like something that should be pursued separately and
    not something that we should depend on for LSM.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private