Re: permissive vs. restrictive issue and solutions...

From: Stephen Smalley (sdsat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 09:56:52 PDT

    On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Stephen Smalley wrote:

    > The capable() function remains
    > as a stub that calls the LSM capable() hook (or, better, we
    > use a script to globally replace all calls to capable() with a
    > direct call to the hook).

    Actually, we can avoid the trouble of even this kind of pervasive
    change simply by restoring the capable() static inline function
    in sched.h and then replacing its contents with a call to the
    LSM capable hook.  That makes our patch even cleaner without
    costing us anything.

    --
    Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
    ssmalleyat_private