Re: My patch

From: Valdis.Kletnieksat_private
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 07:50:38 PDT

    On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:47:18 PDT, Crispin Cowan said:
    > So, if honeypots can make use of LSM, that's great.  But I don't believe we
    > should enlarge or complicate the LSM patch to support honeypots, because the
    > widely-deployed cost:benefit ratio isn't there.

    Agree here.  If we can support honeypots with little/no changes, let's go
    for it.  But if we have to draw the line at 95% support and make the honeypots
    use a kernel patch for the other 5% in order to fulfill the *main* goal,
    that's what we have to do.

    However, David Wagner and Titus Winters have apparently been corresponding
    on this, and come up with a different approach.  Any honeypot experts out
    there other than Titus, who can say what they would want/need from LSM?
    Perhaps other issues can be creatively addressed as well....
    --
    				Valdis Kletnieks
    				Operating Systems Analyst