Re: Hooks for MAC

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 15:17:04 PDT

    * Lachlan McIlroy (lachlan.mcilroyat_private) wrote:

    > The attached patch contains hooks required for a MAC
    > system to moderate subject-subject control.  These hooks
    > can be used to ensure that only processes with read/write
    > label dominance can read/write attributes of another
    > process (ie GID, SID and scheduling parameters).  The
    > patch was generated from the 2.4.6 tree and I will post
    > a patch against 2.4.7 soon.

    This patch applies fine to the current 2.4.7 tree, so don't worry
    about making a new patch just yet.

    In all of setpgid, getpgid, getsid, and getscheduler you pass
    the task struct and it associated pid.  This is unecessary, as
    that's what (struct task_struct *)->pid is.  Could you please change
    this?

    Do you have any need for a setsid hook?

    The getscheduler bit (just like setscheduler) collapses the getsched
    and getparam into one.  Do you think it would be useful to distinguish
    the two?  In setscheduler, we could simply add the sched_param to the
    interface...on get*...hmmm, does it really matter?