Re: Vacation Bots

From: Martin Stricker (shugalat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 15:27:04 PDT

    Crispin Cowan wrote:
    > However, I just went and looked, and another option would be to
    > switch the offenders to "digest" mode, where they just get all the
    > posts in one big batch per day.  I *think* this means that the
    > annoying "I'm on vacation and you're not" messages will just go to
    > linux-security-module-admin (i.e. me) but that's an improvement.

    Good idea, but tell them why they were switched so they can bug their IT
    staff. ;-)) You should be able to filter the out-of-office thingies on
    your mailserver (procmail is yur friend!) or try to tell sendmail to
    bounce them (I don't knoe how to do this). If that mailer is dumb enough
    to autoreply on bounce messages, too, the offender will find a nicely
    filled mailbox when returning. ;-P

    BTW: *Really* nice is Lotus Notes/Domino: There the autorepy goes to the
    list! But the Lotus mailer is at least smart enough to send the same
    message only once to the list, not each time...

    Best regards,
    Martin Stricker