RE: Hooks for MAC

From: Lachlan McIlroy (lachlanat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 18:18:43 PDT

    The hooks are meant to be generic and could be used for
    a variety of purposes.  We (I'm assisting SGI with their
    CAPP and LSPP implementations) require these hooks for MAC
    so for an overall system picture just combine this patch
    with SGI's intentions.  I have no intention of imposing
    MLS concepts into the LSM interface so if anyone sees a
    more appropriate way to moderate subject-subject control
    in these system calls then I am happy to listen.

    > Crispin
    >
    > P.S.  You appear to be posting from an address that is not
    > subscribed to the
    > LSM mailing list.  This is fine, but introduces an arbitrary
    > amount of delay
    > until I get around to approving the post.

    Sorry, my mistake - I've changed my email address to the
    one I subscribed with.

    > --
    > Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
    > Chief Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com
    > Security Hardened Linux Distribution:       http://immunix.org
    > Available for purchase:
    > http://wirex.com/Products/Immunix/purchase.html

    ---
    Lachlan McIlroy                    Phone: +61 3 9596 4155
    Trusted Linux                        Fax: +61 3 9596 2960
    Adacel Technologies Ltd                    www.adacel.com