Re: SMP for testing...

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 22:10:16 PDT

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 07:23:31PM -0500, Jesse Pollard wrote:

> I have obtained two of VA-Linux close-out servers (VA Linux 1000), and am
> willing to set them up for remote access via ssh (through port forwarding on my
> firewall). This includes gaining root access to one or both systems.

That's very generous.  However remote kernel development is not an easy
task.  You need the ability to physically reboot the server remotely
(power cycle) and a bios that allows access by a serial line (so you
need some kind of serial server for booting).  If you have both of
these, great!

If not, I'd recommend you doing the work if you want to, otherwise
you'll be getting emails saying "go reboot the machine" all the time :)

greg k-h