Re: Port of secure fd handling to LSM

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 18:03:20 PDT

    richard offer  wrote:
    >Can we have our fds in now please ? :-)

    I'm sorry, but I don't understand.  This patch doesn't need any support
    for passing fds to, e.g., read().  What additional hooks were you asking
    for, specifically?  If you were asking for passing an additional fd
    parameter to read(), why would this example provide supporting evidence
    for making such a change?  I apologize if I'm being dense: can you spell
    out your reasoning in detail for me?