USENIX Security LSM BOF topics

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 18:38:59 PDT

    In preparation for the upcoming LSM BOF at USENIX Security, I'd like to
    make sure we cover all the current known issues.  Some of the issues
    are contentious and this mail is not meant to resurrect those threads ;-)

    Current list:

    * name vs. inode (as Serge pointed out, we may have a solution in 2.5,
      see http://acl.bestbits.at/pipermail/acl-devel/2001-August/000734.html)
    * in-kernel check vs. lsm-check ordering
    * authoritative vs. restrictive
    * all in-kernel checks to module
    * runtime userspace way to identify loaded module (seems to be settled...)
    * syscall interface (I think this may be settled, but I was gone for
      the discussion, so I'm still catching up on email)
    * any feedback on using the cool new network hooks

    anything else?

    I'm travelling to D.C. tomorrow, so email will be touch and go, but
    should have fine connectivity at USENIX.  Please repsond before the BOF
    which is Wednesday evening.

    later,