Re: How to get the most recent version of the LSM patch

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 13:50:02 PDT

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Greg KH wrote:

    > Patches are placed on the lsm.immunix.org web site when:
    > 	- a new kernel release happens
    > 	- the tree is synced against a -pre release due to some needed
    > 	  changes
    > 	- after about a week when there has been a lot of recent
    > 	  activity
    > 	- if someone asks me or Chris <chrisat_private> to
    > These patches can be used as a reference point for development, are
    > useful for referring to a specific point in time in email, but are not
    > to be viewed as an "official release".  There is no such thing at this
    > time.

    Thank you.  My mistake (using the word "official")... I'd meant to refer
    to a release that satisfied the conditions that you specified and had been
    "tweaked" (along the lines you mentioned last night to make sure it
    actually works) by either you or chris, or more accurately, approved for
    release simply as a placekeeper/reference-point.

    I will refer to any such thing as a "reference release" in the future.

    > thanks,
    >
    > greg k-h

    This post was most enlightening and very helpful,
    J. Melvin Jones