Re: Patch for swapon/swapoff and nfs server ctl

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 16:09:05 PDT

    Seth Arnold  wrote:
    >I was initially concerned that it was magic looking until I actually
    >lookd at the modified functions.. but I wonder how folks would prefer
    >one hook multiplexed by an int, or two hooks, one for each?

    One disadvantage of multiplexing hooks is that it gets slightly harder
    to reason about policy when you do so (grep stops working as well).
    Also, I'd expect that hook bodies will start looking slightly more
    complex (switch statements and so on).  For these software engineering
    reasons, it seems that having two hooks might make more sense.  What do
    you think?