Re: [patch] Unix sockets & syscall

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 23:18:23 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 02:19:33PM -0400, Chris Vance wrote:

    > Attached is a patch that contains an updated syscall hook (same as
    > Stephen's last patch, but uses unsigned ints) and adds two new hooks for
    > unix sockets.
    >
    > As mentioned earlier
    > http://mail.wirex.com/pipermail/linux-security-module/2001-August/001665.html
    > We needed to insert hooks directly into the af_unix code so that we can
    > control sockets using the abstract name space.
    >
    > I've added one hook to control the ability to establish stream connections
    > and another hook (in two locations) to control datagrams.
    >
    > If nobody objects, Stephen can commit these changes tomorrow.

    Looks good.  I applied Stephen's slimmed down patch for this, but I
    changed the placement of the hook a bit (other side of the comment for
    the unix_stream_connect call made more sense.)  I also lined up the
    formatting of the capabilities_plug code a bit nicer.

    thanks for the patch, and congrats to you all on the latest SELinux
    release.  It looks very nice and shows off the lsm patch very well.

    greg k-h