Re: [patch] IPC/Message Queues

From: richard offer (offerat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 09:14:00 PDT

    * frm cvanceat_private "08/27/01 11:44:09 -0400" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    *
    *

    [snip]

    *
    * Due to the surrounding kernel logic, we lose the security module's return
    * code, but I don't think this is a problem.

    On the whole I don't like losing return values, but in this case it seems
    it wasn't useful due to the existing kernel code. Maybe we should document
    that this hook really is a boolean type despite it having a return type of
    "int".

    *
    * Opinions?  If there are no objections, I can have Stephen commit this
    * patch tomorrow.

    I don't think I have any objections, but Lachlan knows this code much
    better than I do.

    Off the top of my head, by making ipcperms() authoritative we should be
    okay in leaving this one restrictive.

    *
    * chris.

    richard.