Re: [patch] IPC/Message Queues

From: Chris Vance (cvanceat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 09:42:40 PDT

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, richard offer wrote:

    > *
    > * Due to the surrounding kernel logic, we lose the security module's return
    > * code, but I don't think this is a problem.
    >
    > On the whole I don't like losing return values, but in this case it seems
    > it wasn't useful due to the existing kernel code. Maybe we should document
    > that this hook really is a boolean type despite it having a return type of
    > "int".

    Actually, though the return code is being ignored, the hooks still follow
    the same format as most other hooks. Return 0 on success and anything else
    on failure. In an attempt to maintain consistency, I flip the return in
    the actual hook call.

    I wasn't sure if there was a precedence for this sort of thing.

    chris.