Re: quotactl hook

From: richard offer (offerat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 07:41:20 PDT

    * frm crispinat_private "09/02/01 01:18:39 -0700" | sed '1,$s/^/* /'
    *
    * jmjonesat_private wrote:
    *
    *> On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Greg KH wrote:
    *>
    *>> A branch of a patch, and I thought I had heard of everything :)
    *>> Fine, all the lsm work is opensource, and if it doesn't meet your needs
    *>> in certain ways, feel free to change it for your own usages.  Just
    *>> respect the current license and everyone will be happy.
    *>>
    *> Not to 'tell tales out of school', but this is a very strong possibility,
    *> imho, at this point.  I don't know if it's a good or bad thing.
    *>
    * It's a neutral thing.  At USENIX, Richard Offer remarked that the SGI
    * system will apply kernel patches on top of LSM, to provide things that
    * they absolutely need, but will use LSM because it is easier than rolling
    * their own.

    Just to let people know that size of this, what I'm working on is a patch
    to the kernel that allows me to do system call interposition at the
    system-call-handler stage. We're talking a few lines of assembler. Nothing
    else.

    In particular, I'm not adding any security specifics to the patch. LSM is
    it. Which is why we still want FD's :-)

    * Crispin

    richard.