Re: quotactl hook

From: jmjonesat_private
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 13:15:11 PDT

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, richard offer wrote:

    > In particular, I'm not adding any security specifics to the patch. LSM is
    > it. Which is why we still want FD's :-)

    I still want userspace specified filenames, which I have "silenced" about
    entirely on the assurance that 2.5 will change this.

    FD's are useful to me, in that regard, but, since they're indexes that
    don't have "heft", I'd rather see the userspace-specified filename be
    passed to the module, somehow (perhaps with PID and FD data,
    simultaneously, or even INODE indexed, which interleaves into the current
    paradigm for control.)

    Exception: FD == 0, 1, 2 . :)