Re: GPL only usage of security.h

From: Kurt Seifried (listuserat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 19:21:38 PDT

    > I've attached the patch that I came up with below (and accidentally
    > committed it to the tree, sorry, I didn't mean to do that without some
    > discussion first, it can be backed out or changed.)  The wording isn't
    > the best, but I think it gets the idea across.  Does anyone have any
    > better wording they can think of for this?
    >
    > Or does anyone object to this change?

    I know wirex module is open source (narf), as are most add on things that
    are likely to use LSM (lids, yadayada). The only people I can think of might
    be the Argus-Pitbull (I think some of them are on the list but do not know
    for sure) people and other commercial companies. On the one hand it locks
    closed source out of using LSM, which may prevent some cool stuff for linux
    being public, but OTOH I think that risk is relatively small, and enforcing
    open source kernel modules is prolly a better thing long term then cool
    closed source modules that may have "issues".

    > thanks,
    >
    > greg k-h

    -Kurt