Re: Determing the difference between path_walk and chdir ?

From: David Wagner (dawat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 18:40:02 PDT

    richard offer  wrote:
    >I don't want to keep shadow state to emulate what the kernel is doing, I
    >just want to record the directory/file that has been passed to sys_chdir()
    >for audit.

    Ahh, ok.  I guess a number of folks have suggested that changes to LSM
    made solely to support audit should be deferred, so maybe we should put
    off this question for a bit.

    But you raise a good point about the difficulty of unambiguously
    identifying certain operations from the arguments to permission(), and
    maybe there are cases where this might infringe on some useful access
    control policies.  Has anyone looked at whether this is an issue to
    worry about?