Re: Proposed documentation patch to security.h

From: Greg KH (gregat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 16:03:05 PST

    On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:54:34AM +1100, James Morris wrote:

    > I don't have a problem with this, or removing the locking information,
    > which is particularly bad if it's wrong.

    I don't like the locking information, as it too will quickly go out of
    date.  I'd rather just refer people to the kernel locking document that
    someone at IBM is keeping, which details the placement of all kernel
    locks.

    Module developers are going to have to be very aware of this, as the
    locks have a tendency to disappear over time :)

    What does other people think?