Re: Proposed documentation patch to security.h

From: Chris Wright (chrisat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 16:26:13 PST

    * Greg KH (gregat_private) wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Here's my latest try at converting a tiny portion of the security.h
    > comments to the proper kernel-doc format.  This time, there can't be any
    > discussion that "our format is better" as it is not in proper kernel-doc
    > style.
    >
    > This patch only converts the struct module_security_ops to the new
    > format.  An example of what the converted output looks like can be found
    > at http://lsm.immunix.org/~greg/module_security_ops.html
    > It was generated by typing:
    > 	perl scripts/kernel-doc -html include/linux/security.h > module_security_ops.html
    >
    > Let me know if anyone has any problems with this.  And if so,
    > constructive counter proposals are encouraged :)

    looks alright...minor nitpick...

    	@name
    	@size
    	@mod
    	@mod
    > + *	Return 0 if permission is granted.
    > + *

    and the kernel-doc script generates a fair amount of warnings (no, i'm
    not going to look into it, that script is in perl, and last time i
    looked at it, it made my head hurt ;-)

    finally, the hmtl is a bit broken...

    "Check the permission before allocating space for a module. name contains
    the module name. size contains the module size. Return 0 if permission
    is granted."

    this should really be:

    Check the permission before allocating space for a module.
    name contains the module name.
    size contains the module size.
    Return 0 if permission is granted.

    again, probably an issue with the script.  greg mentioned it looked
    better in docbook format anyway...