Re: Authoritative Hooks

From: Casey Schaufler (caseyat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 17:13:47 PST

    James Morris wrote:

    > What about the possibility of creating an authorative branch in the LSM
    > repository which is maintained by SGI?

    Crispin suggested this to us earlier. We want to be sure
    that no one sees our differences as "fragmenting" or "splitting"
    the effort. We decline a branch to maintain (at least an
    appearance of) solidarity.

    UNLESS!

    Unless the branch is the official Phase II. We believe that would
    address all of the issues We can think of from my side. We expect
    it would raise a bunch elsewhere, and that's fair.

    --

    Casey Schaufler				Manager, Trust Technology, SGI
    caseyat_private				voice: 650.933.1634