Re: Hello - a new member from Panasonic

From: Seth Arnold (sarnoldat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 15:38:00 PST

    On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 05:49:21PM -0500, I.P. Park wrote:
    > 1. What is the state of LSM's approval in the Linux kernel community ? Will
    > there be a decision-making meeting sometime soon?

    As far as I can tell, reaction to LSM in the kernel community is mixed.
    Some are in favor of it. Others are opposed to it. As usual, there are a
    variety of reasons for both viewpoints.

    As for decision-making meetings, the closest thing I can think of might
    be at OLS[1] -- but, as usual in the Linux community, I'd be surprised
    if it were terribly formal, or even carry significant weight.

    At some point, the LSM community will think our stuff is about ready for
    submission. Then, the one huge omnibus patch will be broken up into
    several smaller patches for easier digesting, and posted to LKML for
    comments. I expect it will be soundly ripped apart, and I expect it will
    be improved for the additional exposure, no matter how frustrating it
    might be at the time. :)

    My own personal guess on this timeline is one to two months.

    > 2. Will anyone here interested in joining the security WG in the ELC if it
    > is formed? (I intend to join this WG when it is formed.)

    As for myself, I might be interested in being a spectator, but probably
    not a participant. Scarcity of time in the day and all that. :(

    [1]: http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2002/

    --
    UniNet InfoSec Conference   April 15-19   http://infosec.uninet.edu