Re: Reasons for Inclusion

From: Kurt Seifried (listuserat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 14:49:57 PST

    jmjones: what part of:

    NSA SELinux prototype based on LSM
    LIDS based on LSM
    vendors like Immunix basing there stuff on LSM

    do you not understand? Obviously people see value in it. I've gotten a
    number of queries on LSM (as I'm sure other list members have) from various
    people including vendors.

    As far as your "whaaa people are being mean and telling me to go away, but
    I'm really smart and have something to prove so you should all listen" I
    think the point is that you appear to bring little value to the list (i.e.
    you're producing a lot of noise but not much signal).

    Assuming worst case scenario: the LSM patch makes it into the kernel, screws
    everything up, eats your cat and steals all your beer. It is possible for
    Linux to back out of it.

    As for Linus and a small group making decision here's a little hint: it's
    called Linux for a reason.

    Anyways everyone but you appears to think your arguments (complaints?) are
    stale, perhaps there is something to be observed in this.

    Being cruel to be kind.

    Kurt Seifried, kurtat_private
    A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574