RE: Regarding the Type Enforcement Licensing Discussion

From: Westerman, Mark (Mark.Westermanat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 10:43:05 PDT

    Dear Tom,

    I have notice that you have remove the web link from you web site. That
    which states
    Quoting for your web site page that was removed FAQ Question Number 6.
    "There will be no restrictions on the use of TE be the Linux open source
    community"

    It is clear from you comment below that Secure Computing is try to pull a
    fast one
    on the open source community. It is obvious that the Licensing question has
    allready
    been answered by the web page your web site stated. Once you put that remark

    into the public domain YOU CANNOT RETRACT IT.

    From the NSA WEB site

     Secure Computing Corporation (SCC)
         Secure Computing Corporation developed a preliminary security policy
         configuration for the system that was used as a starting point for NAI
    Labs'
         configuration. They have also developed several new or modified
    utilities.

    also form the WEB PAGE YOU TOOK OFF YOUR SITE.

    "We will release source code for all the modifications to the existing
    kernel and for a
    general-purpose security policy engine under the GPL. We are still defining
    the exact
    functionality of this engine, but it will support a broad set of basic
    applications, it will
    be functional, and it will be complete enough to enable the Linux community
    to develop
    other policy engines. We expect that others will choose to enhance this code
    and return
    their enhancements to the community. "

    All the code that NAI Labs used was release under the GPL Licensing.

    I think I need to perform a FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST to
    request a copy of the contract you had with the NSA

    WHY DID YOU REMOVE THIS PAGE FROM YOUR WEB SITE.

    I have  a saved copy and a copy of you search page that pointed to
    the web page you removed

    Mark Westerman

    Any body who would like a copy let me know and I will send it to you.