Regarding the Type Enforcement Licensing Discussion

From: Haigh, Tom (tom_haighat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 09:13:46 PDT

    We have been reviewing all the discussion on this topic, and it is obvious
    that we are dealing with complex issues, which require some careful
    consideration.  We would
    like to set the record straight with a clear statement, and we will do that
    soon.  However, we want to avoid creating more confusion, so we are going to
    take a little time to reflect before we respond.  My initial response was
    intended to let people know that the licensing issues have not yet been
    resolved.  I apologize for the confusion it has caused.  We want to be sure
    that our next statement is both clear and definitive.

    Your insights, concerns and opinions are helpful to us, and they are an
    important consideration as we think this through.  Thanks for your patience
    and understanding.

    Tom Haigh