Re: Regarding the Type Enforcement Licensing Discussion

From: Crispin Cowan (crispinat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 10:54:16 PDT

    Westerman, Mark wrote:

    > Dear Tom,
    >
    > I have notice that you have remove the web link from you web site.
    > That which states
    > Quoting for your web site page that was removed FAQ Question Number 6.
    > "There will be no restrictions on the use of TE be the Linux open
    > source community"
    >
    > It is clear from you comment below that Secure Computing is try to
    > pull a fast one
    > on the open source community.

    Now lets just calm down. While that is possible, it is not clear that is
    the case, and I dare say it is not even likely. What's likely happening
    is that SCC geeks are having it out with SCC legal, and they don't want
    to say ANYTHING until they can say something definitive. In this
    context, removing the previous vague & confusing statement just seems
    responsible.

    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.